Monday, December 13, 2010

Fresh Dog Treats


I had the pleasure of dining at my parents home this evening for soup night. I happened to see a recipe for fresh dog treats, which I assumed Kapsie had in the works for a Christmas present for Jake (pictured below).

Jake Sheets

The recipe is as follows...

1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup margarine
1 cup boiling water
3/4 cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons white sugar
2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten
3 cups whole wheat flour

Sounds great right? I comment to my mother on how kind it is to make these for Jake, and she says "Oh, I'm going to make those for myself! I think they sound great! I might leave out the beef bouillon..."

Hmmm....not sure what to think about this...


My dad also thinks they sound good. I'll definitely be posting about the results of this abnormal experiment.

2 comments:

  1. Well, these are in fact DOG treats. I was hoping for a healthy little biscuit to go with a cup of tea and this isn't it. But, the good news is that Jake is very pleased with the end result. You have to admit that they held promise, whole grains and just a hint of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is: NO ONE on the face of this earth other than my dearest friend (and sister-in-law) Karen Sheets would even REMOTELY consider making these and eating them HERSELF! Look at those ingredients?! ICK.

    ReplyDelete