Thursday, November 11, 2010

my husband is out of town.....

Tim has been enjoying life in Montrose, Colorado this week. All week. The entire week long he's been gone and I've been on my own. I miss him.

To try and take my mind off of being along allll day long (and can I also mention unemployed? There is only so much job searching one can do in a day before you start to go crazy) I've been doing things that Tim probably would have advised me against if he were here.

Examples.

I went and bought several autumnal candles. I just love them. Tim chastises me for always having candles burning in the apartment, so while he's been gone I've created an inferno of candle flames!!

Tofu. Tim hates it, I love it. Tim is typically a pretty good sport about eating whatever I cook him--I've forced him to eat brussel sprouts, all sorts of squashes, beef-less beef (a mistake), and a myriad of other strange things. Since he's gone I thought it was a perfect time to eat some bean curd. So tonight I consumed an entire dinner made of nothing BUT tofu. Somehow I think Tim is probably OK with missing out on tonight's meal...



I've also really been into quinoa lately too. I don't really know what it is, but I made it for lunch.


I broke out my guitar tonight for the first time in awhile...yikes. After spending awhile tuning that baby, I proceeded to make my fingers bleed as I attempted to play recognizable music and songs. It's probably a good thing Tim wasn't here to witness (or hear) me play.


Finally, I got a dog. I've been wanting one for a really long time, so I just went out today and got this REALLY cute yellow lab. His name is Maurice.







Just kidding.


5 comments:

  1. what sort of sauce are you having with your bean curd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off, your title is a little scandalous at first glance.
    2. yay guitar + you!
    C. also at first glance, I thought you named your pretend dog Matthias.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, you should officially click the "follow" button on my blog. it will make me look more popular. which is what i live for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl, you make good funnies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tofu is gross. And Maddie- uncalled for.

    ReplyDelete