Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Love Words

So I've been reading through old books of poetry and simply appreciating the way other people have the gift of expressing the feeling of LOVE in words. I've tried to write poetry....I don't think it's my best skill. Thankfully, I have the opportunity to read what others have written, and written well.

For years I've keep a "quote journal," and every time I came across an inspirational, thought provoking, challenging, or beautiful quote, I would write it in the journal. I think I have quite a bit to learn from those wiser than I.

I keep reading these poems and statements and thinking about how much I love what it says, how beautifully it is written, and how I hope to remember it forever. Sadly enough, my photographic memory is on the fritz. Enter "love words," my newest brilliant idea! Enter my weekly posting of a poem or quote that puts butterflies in my stomach.



If you live to be a hundred,
I want to live to be a hundred minus one day,
so I never have to live without you.
Winnie the Pooh

2 comments:

  1. cute new redesign!
    and hey...my favorite picture :) did you know that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i have ideas for when I guest post under 'love words'

    ReplyDelete