Friday, October 01, 2010

So much for my promises...

I know I said I wanted to be much more consistent in my postings on this bloggy blog; and I succeeded for about three days. I count this as a small success...and I think I have a slightly good excuse for my lack of commitment. Maybe.

On September 18th, my Timmy and I got married!!!!! More to come on this later. There are so many details I want to include; the wedding post is going to be a doozy. In the meantime, some celebration and recognition are in order for the best of all seasons, that has snuck up on me!!

FALL!!


Colorado has beautiful fall colors. However, we Coloradan's are still waiting for them to pop out this season. (At least in the City) The weather has been so sneaksy lately, and we've been topping out in the high 70's, low 80's, with nothing cooler to speak of in the upcoming 10 day weather forecast. (Curses to the weather.com for not allowing me to see further than 10 days! I thought meteorologists were supposed to be magicians who could tell the future... It seems like their skills fail after ten days. Lame.) I am, however, exceedingly excited for an upcoming trip to Vail, CO this Sunday with Abbey, Josh, Tim and myself. By golly, we WILL see some fall colors!!

Day trips...that's one of the great things about Colorado. I can wake up in the morning in my little apartment in Denver, and in only a couple of hours, be surrounded by incredible mountains, fall colors, and local mountain folk (always fun!). And how fun is it that I get to take this little trip with my sister, her husband, and MY HUSBAND!?!? :) :)

Speaking of my husband, I've been pretty excited to spend my favorite season with him by my side, faithfully conceding to my ever present desires to explore. One of these explorations MUST INVOLVE a pumpkin patch! It's just such a wonderful fall experience to head out to the patch, and spend hours overanalyzing the different pumpkins before finally deciding on one that most likely looks like all the others. (Except for mine. They always look different. It's all about the stems!) The last time I got to go to a pumpkin patch I was in Massachusetts with my good friend Nikki. Talk about quintessential aweseomeness! We got to go for a hayride, pick out pumpkins, visit a petting zoo, and end it all in apple cider and apple cider doughnuts (which are AMAZING!)



And shall we just devote a little praise to the pumpkin itself? Seriously, I can't think of any other flavor that reminds me so much of fall. They're fun shapes, pretty colors, you can carve them into scary faces, smash them, play catch with the little ones, put candles in them, cook them, bake them, make them into soups, bread, and other foodstuffs. And besides all that, pumpkins are JUST DELICIOUS!!



One of my favorite pumpkin variations would have to be pumpkin muffin. I could probably die from eating too many of these little babies, because I just have no self control when it comes these. I cannot combat their deliciousness. One of my all time favorite pumpkin muffins came from Great Harvest. Again, my fall season partner in crime Nikki and I discovered these in the fall of 2006. We used to go early in the morning before classes started, to start off our day right with a muffin and some ridiculously strong, yet equally delicious Peets Coffee. Thankfully, there are two Great Harvest's I know of in a relatively close proximity to where I live. However, I am saddened for Nikki, and the fact that our favorite Massachusetts bakery closed soon after I left. (Probably because Nikki and I most likely covered all their operating expenses with the amount of time and money we spent there.)

Lastly, homage must be paid to the....


Abbey and I patiently wait for the day, every year, that Starbucks once again brings back the PSL to the everyday menu. This year we had an insider in the company, and consequently, insider information. All that to say, we were ecstatic for August 28th to come. Regrettably, the weather was in the high 80s, but NO MATTER!! Nothing can undermine the liquid taste of fall, or our excitement to consume said beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment