Thursday, April 14, 2011

...a good laugh...

Does anyone ever really like watching commercials? I mean, besides when it's superbowl time, and you can't wait to see the creative genius of companies willing to pay millions for a 30 second spot.

Well I'd like to introduce you to a couple commercials that I could watch over and over, and then over again because they are so ridiculous.

First. Purina Cat Chow. Who knew this commercial would be about cat food?


Oh my heavens. I know it's supposed to be sweet and sentimental, but I can't help but find the absolute hilarity of this story. I do think, however, that the way he decorated the cat's new room pretty bomb dot com.

Secondly, I bring to your attention the Slob-Stopper.


BAHAHAHAHA. This is just too good. There are several things to note in this excellent commercial. I would encourage you to replay, and take note of several choice moments.

1) At 2 seconds in, I just love the way that after his ENTIRE drink spills on his shirt, he continues to let all the liquid that actually made it into his mouth spill out as well.

2) At 8 seconds in, I appreciate his expression after he has spilled his second drink. He actually looks grateful for having spilt. Why?! Obviously because he's wearing the slob-stopper. Bonus: the hot chick walking by seems to love it too!

[a quick question: what happens to the liquid after it slides down the slob-stopper? this company might consider also making a full body suit stopper to avoid users walking around with wet areas around the crotch....because we all know that would be awkward.]

3) 22 seconds in, I can't get enough of the mom's facial expressions. She seems so disgusted that her child has, gasp, just entered the vehicle! And why the deuce does SHE need the slob stopper? I see no liquid involved. At all. Very confusing.

I give kudo's to whoever did the casting for that commercial. Spot on!

They are only 14.95 (plus s&h), and according to the website, a great gift.




4 comments:

  1. Just getting caught up on some Sarah reading and will be sharing this one. Waking the kids up with my howling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually want a slob stopper for couch eaten meals. I think our home needs more made for TV items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah ~ did you check out the Whiskas commercials that pop up after your fancy treats commercial? Or whatever that cat food commercial is. The golf commercial even had Bentley laughing out loud. And the commercial with the guy who gets caught on the speaker phone is pretty good too. Just thought you'd like to know.

    ReplyDelete