Tuesday, April 12, 2011

...d.w.t.s.2...

It's official. I might be a dancing with the stars convert. Especially after last night.

Did anyone else watch? Because it was AWESOME.

They had a 46 piece live orchestra, along with rock violinist David Garrett, (whom I had never heard of, but I really liked his pony-tail. He rocked it), AND opera singer Katherine Jenkins.

The dancers this week had to preform classical dances to classical musical pieces. The live band was sensational, and at the risk of sounding cheesey balls, I truly LOVED watching every minute of this program.

The best part of it was that all the musical pieces were recognizable, and regardless of how well the dancers performed, the sheer beauty of the music was enough for me. At the end of every dance, I realized that I was psuedo-moving around on my seat to the beat of the music. Ha. Does that happen to anyone else?

Some of the music that was played:

Karl Jenkins : Palladio Allegretto


Bizet: Carmen Overture


And my all-time favorite, The Flower Duet


And I'm totally not kidding when I say that is my favorite. For some reason, I've always loved that song. It got me through many a study sesh in college. One Anna Storvick may recall how I would have this song on repeat whilst homeworking.

And of course, the new dwts leaders twirled to the Harry Potter theme, which I am obviously obsessed with. Counting down the days until the next movie comes out in July! Booyah!!



1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH I TOO WAS MOVING AROUND IN MY SEAT, MY HEAD, MY EYES CLOSED AND IN LISTENING AGAIN THANKS TO YOU ON THIS SITE, I CRIED..A GOOD CRY..GOOOOD FOR THE SOUL THESE DAYS...BRAVO DWTS..THEY ARE ALLLL WINNERS!!!

    ReplyDelete