Tuesday, April 26, 2011

...deskies...

I've recently come to the conclusion that procuring a desk would be of the upmost convenience for my husband. He needs a place all his own where he can study.

I'm not really into buying new furniture.

Nor do I have the budget.

My first instinct whenever I need a new piece of furniture has been to visit the local thrift store. Living in downtown Chicago without a car has made this difficult. Even more difficult would be the purchase process were I to actually find the perfect fit.

By the perfect fit, I mean a cheap piece of furniture that I can DIY to look AWESOME!

Also difficult, DIYing in a baby-sized apartment with poor ventilation. To my critics I would suggest trying to spray-paint a desk in YOUR kitchen and see what happens.

But I have high hopes. I'll figure it out. Unless someone wants to create one of the following and ship it to me as an act of goodwill.








Extra points if you send me a desk with a plant growing out of one of the drawers!!

2 comments:

  1. I vote for something made of concrete and steel. Methinks productivity at the desk will increase 10 fold should such conditions be present in the study place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could always pick one up sometime this summer up in bethany and refinish it up there! Plenty of space and lots of junk (= DIY treasure)!

    ReplyDelete