Monday, April 04, 2011

...da da DMV...


Ahh, the Department of Motor Vehicles. Doesn't the name just strike a warm chord in your heart? Who doesn't love being given ambiguous instructions, waiting for hours, and then being helped begrudgingly by mean people?

I've had the pleasure of visiting said establishment in several different states. California wins, hands down, for being the lamest of the lame. Denver I could take or leave, but definitely leave. Illinois...well, let's just say we got off on the wrong foot.

Before you get the wrong impression, read carefully, because I'm about to actually say something NICE about the DMV and the people who work in the Chicago downtown office. Even though I did have a self-proclaimed "ultimate fail" at the DMV today, and after having spent all day in and out of the office and having nothing to show for it; I'm not annoyed. Mostly because it's all my fault, but also because the people in the office were really friendly and helpful. Midwestern charm? Who knows. All I can say is that I'm living with the knowledge that I have to go back to the office tomorrow, and I'm not in a state of depression. At least not yet.

Even though I may have been through my most pleasant DMV experience, I couldn't help but think of all the useful things I might be doing with my time were I not enjoying being stuck in the confines of a government agency. For example...

Learning to become an expert with my sewing machine, so I can make cool things like THIS!

Photo from DesignSponge

Hand-stitched name place cards. So easy and cute!

No, I don't have room, or the funds, for a new chair. When I do, I'm all over this idea!

Photo from DesignSponge

Coat-Rack! My newest obsession. Quite practical in Chicago as well.


I've got to get my craft on more often. I miss having all my creative roommates; no offense to the husband. (He's crafty in his own sort of way.)






2 comments:

  1. And we miss you, crafty mcCrafterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chair doesn't have enough leather or reclining action to fit the theme WE are going for with our apartment :)

    ReplyDelete