Thursday, March 03, 2011

From Detroit To Chicago


So it's official. We are moving to Chicago. BOOM! Chicago. We officially signed a lease on a new apartment last weekend (more on THAT in another post). We're hitting the road next weekend, in a moving van, driven by ourselves. Yes. I will document in pictures. Prayers for a NON-breakdown during the 1100 mile drive would be awesome!

On February 28th, after a couple weeks of intense packing, we said goodbye to our first apartment in Denver. (By the way, bit shoutouts to Abbey and Josh Davis for their integral packing help!! I couldn't have done it without them!!) After living in Detroit Motor City for exactly six months, it was kind of sad to say goodbye.

Tim and I got lucky and chose an AMAZING apartment. All 515 square feet were amazing. Yes. ALL 515 SQUARE FEET. It was cozy. But seriously, we loved living on the cross-streets of Detroit and Colfax (and if that doesn't sound sketchy, I don't know what does.)

Unfortunately, I have yet to take photographic evidence of the giant metal sculptures of various tools that are mounted on the walls of the apartment complex, AND our huge silver door with our apartment's name, DeVille, prominently placed on the front. I plan to sneak back before we go to Chicago. I did, however, get some pictures of the inside before the packing carnage ensued. Please enjoy.



The Kitchen

The Family Room

The Bedroom

View from the entrance






2 comments:

  1. The bedroom literally is...a room of bed.

    With a fab duvet, if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was cute. Now you have some real history together. You've done something Bentley and I have never done ~ MOVED!

    ReplyDelete