Monday, January 17, 2011

the little things

Yesterday my husband left on a jet plane, heading East to thriving Langeloth, Pennsylvania. Before last week, I had never even heard of this city. Obviously I did some googling. Wikipedia has some GREAT information on this American treasure. Some choice lines include,

"Langeloth has three businesses; Valina's Market, All American, and the Metallurgical Company."

"Langeloth is home to the regionally renowned Langeloth Softball League. Games are played at the Gus Barbush Memorial Park, where hundreds of locals gather to drink beer outside the outfield fence. The league slogan is, "We play fastpitch.""



Is anyone jealous that Timmers gets to spend five whole days here?! I digress.

Being all alone on a lazy Sunday afternoon, I went on a quest for a pleasant atmosphere and warm drink. I found both about two blocks away from our little apartment. The Tattered Cover Book Store, a Denver classic. Walking into the Tattered Cover is like walking into a best friend's house; a best friend who has a wonderful and extensive book collection. They have unique wooden desks, tables, and chairs strewn throughout the whole store; and not a two of them alike. LOVE IT.

I found my place among the furniture and booky goodness, and settled in with the best chai I have ever had in my entire life. I did some research and found out it was made by a fresh-pressed ginger, microbrew chai company; Bhakti Chai. Who knew chai could be microbrewed?! "Fresh pressed organic ginger and fiery spices in a brew of antioxidant rich organic fair trade black tea." Their words, not mine. The chai had just the right amount of spicy, kicking my taste buddies into gear. Maddie, you might want to order some of this goodness from the website. (Either that, or wait all the way until your half-birthday.)



I went to the store with really no intentions in mind other than to simply bask in company of literature. However, I happened to start listening to the most recent Sara Bareilles CD. I have never been a HUGE fan of hers; but after going to her concert a few months ago I've started listening to her music with new ears. She has a beautiful voice. Give a listen to these songs; you might just fall in love with them like I did.

Basket Case

Breathe Again

I could sit for hours and hours listening to music, which is a lot to say for someone with (self-diagnosed) ADD. I left the Tattered Cover after having done nothing but listen to Sara (many songs on repeat...and then repeat again). It was a lovely afternoon.


2 comments:

  1. Don't forget my 1/2 birthday, and I might buy YOU micro-brewed chai for your real birthday!
    Breathe Again is my favorite Sara song off her new CD. Ahhhhh that CD got me through such a hard week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy these days. There will come a time when you can't, in your wildest imagination, dream up a day like you just had.

    ReplyDelete