Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I need help

I have been enlisted to make an appetizer for our annual Christmas dinner with our family friends. This is the first year that I have been required to bring anything to the dinner besides my merry self, and I'm beginning to feel the pressure.

I need something with pizzaz and flourish. An appetizer that says, "Yes...Sarah made me; and I'm still going to taste delicious even if she did stray from the recipe." I need a WOW factor.

I've done some basic researching in order to gear myself up for this event, and I feel like I'm coming up cold. I'm trying to steer clear of the bruschetta, cheese and cracker, chips and dip sorts of appetizers and really go for a BANG ba da BOOM situation. Any suggestions?!?



No...I probably won't be making these wine-poached pears. But aren't they pretty!?

1 comment:

  1. BFF to the rescue:
    http://www.dessertsforbreakfast.com/2010/12/gorgonzola-pear-and-balsamic-honey.html

    This is the BOMB. It's not a dessert like the site makes it sound...I made it last week. It's SO tasty...and it's really not super complicated. Don't be frightened off by the length of the recipe...
    And I used mostly apples.
    And I used an upside white casserole dish as a baking stone.

    ReplyDelete