Sunday, December 26, 2010

Appetizer Success!

Well, Maddie and Amanda really came through for me during my appetizer dilemma. There were the only two to send suggestions; and so of course I made BOTH of them. They were big hits; or so I was told.

Appetizer One: Maddie's suggestion of Gorgonzola, Pear, and Honey Balsamic Galette.

I was initially concerned because I didn't have a baking stone; but it turns out that a cookie sheet is perfectly sufficient. Tim was exceedingly helpful; and did both the walnut toasting, as well as honey balsamic glazing post cooking. I decided to double the recipe because I didn't think one nine-incher would be enough for 18 people.

The problem was we had about 2 hours to complete the entire process; and each galette took about an hour to bake. (And we had the other app to make; and I had a haircut thrown in the mix...just to make it a bit more challenging for us.) But we did it!!

Success!

I didn't actually try it because I don't like gorgonzola, but other people seemed to enjoy their nomming.

Appetizer Two: Amanda's suggestion of Pesto, Feta, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Pine-Nut Spread. As far as I know, she created the recipe. Let me just say...crowd pleaser.











Four simple ingredients; super easy to make. I toasted the pine-nuts, and then basically mixed in equal proportions the feta, pesto, and sun-dried tomato's. I buttered and toasted some baguettes, and we were set to go!

Unfortunately, at this time we were running a bit behind, and I wasn't able to get a picture of the finished product. But use your imagination, of better yet, make it yourself. It's delicious.

Thanks again!!

1 comment: