Thursday, October 07, 2010

Real Housewife of Denver, CO

Doesn't pot roast just sound like the most domestic meal to make...ever? Well, being the wife that I am, I decided to make a Roast for dinner last night. Of course, it was also a perfect opportunity to try out my new cast iron slow cooker, complements of jailbird Martha Stewart, and her ingenious team of ever creative folks.

The Roast was smooth sailing. I decided to cook it in the oven rather than on the stove, thus shortening the six hours of cooking to a mere three. I did some chopping, slicing, dicing, (throwing in some potato's for good measure), stuck that Roast in the oven for a few hours and went on with my life.


When I got back from running the mile high loop in City Park (it's so awesome that we live two blocks away from this!!), the Roast was beginning to smell delish. Tim treated me to a delightful appetizer of bruschetta, green grapes and vino; which brought us right up to exiting time for the Roasty Roast.


The Roast, directly after oven removal

After removing the Pot Roast from the oven, I was quite pleased that I had pulled this recipe off without a hitch! My typical M.O. usually necessitates one or two mistakes, potentially disastrous. Enter next image.

The Roast after meat removal.

Woops. Looks like I forgot to remove that wierd thingy that goes under raw meat before cooking. So whatever the deuce that is got slow cooked right along with everything else. Ergo I could only assume that any potential bacteria was nixed in the slow cook process taking place in 350 degree temperatures. No big deal. Tim and I simply disposed of the unknown, and carried on.

The Roast, sans meat.

The plated Roast.

Regardless of the slight mishap, the meal was great! I think next time I'll use beef broth, rather than water to give the gravy a bit more umph. Other than that, a winner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment