Wednesday, August 11, 2010

how to wear my hair...

T minus 38 days until my wedding. Things are starting to get serious around here. I knew the procrastination period would eventually have to end. We're getting close to the home-stretch, the final lap, I can almost hear the fans cheering as approach the proverbial destination!! What am I saying...we still have 38 days. Soooooooo much time.

BUT...there is a pressing issue that has come to pass. My hair, and how it should present itself on the wedding day. The DIY hairstyle was not even an option. If you know me at all you would know that any creativity and skill that I might possess in any area of my life, does most certainly NOT translate to being stylish and nifty with my hair. I basically go for three looks.
1) The "straight blow-dry look."

2) The "pony-tail."

and

3) The "I went to bed with my hair wet and it looks like this" look.

Hence, I will be going to an actual stylist to have my hairs done for the wedding. Someone who has actually gone to school for this sort of thing. Someone who has skillzzz.

I have my trial run TODAY in 3 hours, and I'm not sure what I want. I DO know that I want something relatively simple and loose. Because of my affinity for a complete lack of hair-style, I wouldn't want to have some lavish up-do on my wedding that doesn't even look like me. No-sir. I have concerns, however, based off of two, less than ideal prom up-do's. Whatever. I have a sense that Nicole [the lucky stylist who gets to style my locks] will have just the sort of eye and creativity that I need to make my hair AWESOME for my wedding.





P.S. I need to think of something GREAT to do tonight because I'm going to have super pretty hair to show off (assuming all goes well!)


No comments:

Post a Comment