Tuesday, December 15, 2009

On the Second Day of Christmas...


Okay...as Andy Bernard so aptly pointed out, it's a bit curious that the first seven days of the 12 days of Christmas is basically 30 birds. That's a lot of fowl. I wonder if the partridge shares the pear tree, or if the other birds have to continue to hover in the air until the 12th day is complete? Just think of the chaos...especially when you get the maids-a-milking, dancers dancing, and drummers drumming.

On another note, my wonderful boyfriend took me to see the nutcracker last weekend. Nostalgia. I can remember getting so excited to see the Nutcracker with Grandma when I was younger. Putting on my best dress (although it was all about the shoes for me. I always wanted red sparkly ones, with a Mary-Jane strap over the top. Still on the hunt....) and getting to see the ballerina's prance and dance around the stage, secretly wanting to be dressed up like them in poofy tutu's. It's such a magical production; my favorite is when they do the dances from around the world. Ahhhhh those mad Russians get me every time! Male ballerina's, (ballerino's?) are so
stinking bouncy! They just frolic around stage in garments which are SURE to cut off circulation, bounce around ---to the height of which might rival basketball players-- spin like a daredevil, and THEN, they finish in a silent landing. It boggles the mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment