Sunday, May 24, 2009

the magical kingdom

I have a Disneyland hangover. Sometimes that happens after being awake and exerting massive amounts of energy for twenty-one hours....and being the driver is just the icing on the cake.  Is it worth it?  Absolutely.

My first Disneyland experience occured when I was at the age of experiencing everything and remembering nothing.  My only recollection of the trip was the fact that my sister had a minor meltdown upon discovery that the ride "it's a small world" was closed; a fact that I'm sure my parents found as a blessing from God.  (There's nothing quite like having the small world song running around your head for fifteen or more hours.)  Upon residency in the state of California at age 18, I found it necessary to re-discover the magic. Needless to say, I've had a mild case of obsession with the happiest place on earth since then.  As such, I could only jump at the chance to go for Amanda Crowley's birthday.  

The group was as follows: Amanda Crowley, Mike Magnusen, Maddie Jacks, Ryan Smith, myself, and Todd Pulliam.  It is important to note that having the optimum Disneyland experience heavily relies on your group.  These people are stellar, and I recommend each one of them should you ever need an additional body to join you at the magical kingdom.  

We started our day at 5:45 a.m., and ended at 2:30 a.m.  Pure bliss.  The park was packed because it was Memorial Day Weekend. This fact caused a little concern at the onset of our arrival.  However, with our combined expertise, we navigated the park so well that we had time to spare; even after the fourth time through on Big Thunder Mountain [the wildest ride in the wilderness].  It's all about fast passes.


No comments:

Post a Comment